US / 2007 / Color / 12:30 Min.
Producer/Writer/Director/Editor: Jes Therkelsen
Original score by Jes Therkelsen
The sting of having a bicycle stolen can be painful, yet the process of discovery can be worse. Told through the voices of real victims, this short documentary amusingly investigates public awareness, police response, pro shop experience and street wisdom. Just how easy is it to get away with bicycle theft in Washington, D.C.?
• Bicycle Film Festival, New York City, NY
• Politics and Prose, Washington D.C.
• American University Production Theater
• Wechsler Theater, Washington D.C.
• Visions Film Festival, Abramson Theater – Honorary Mention Best Documentary